Today I got an email from HPE, which has informed me of the imminent end of support for HPE Data Protector 7.0x 8.0x. As of June 30, 2016, HPE will offer no new updates or patches for Data Protector 7.0x and 8.0x. This means that
- Telephone and email support
- new security updates, and
- new product updates
will be phased out. The self-help support will be continued until June 30, 2018. Self-help includes access to the knowledge base, current patches and access to known problems.
Data Protector 8.1x will be under support until June 30, 2017. The self-help support for Data Protector 8.1x will be continued until June 30, 2019.
Please note, that you need new license keys if you want to update Data Protector 7.0x or 8.0x to Data Protector 9. To gain new license keys, you need an active support contract. If you have valid Data Protector 8.1 license keys, you don’t need new license keys.
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment if you need further information.
Feel free to follow him on Twitter and/ or leave a comment.
Latest posts by Patrick Terlisten (see all)
- Poor performance with Windows 10/ 2019 1809 on VMFS 6 - May 23, 2019
- Make your life easier – KeeAgent for KeePass - April 28, 2019
- Vembu CloudDR – Disaster Recovery as a Cloud Service - April 24, 2019