Today I got an email from HPE, which has informed me of the imminent end of support for HPE Data Protector 7.0x 8.0x. As of June 30, 2016, HPE will offer no new updates or patches for Data Protector 7.0x and 8.0x. This means that
- Telephone and email support
- new security updates, and
- new product updates
will be phased out. The self-help support will be continued until June 30, 2018. Self-help includes access to the knowledge base, current patches and access to known problems.
Data Protector 8.1x will be under support until June 30, 2017. The self-help support for Data Protector 8.1x will be continued until June 30, 2019.
Please note, that you need new license keys if you want to update Data Protector 7.0x or 8.0x to Data Protector 9. To gain new license keys, you need an active support contract. If you have valid Data Protector 8.1 license keys, you don’t need new license keys.
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment if you need further information.
- Exchange HCW8078 – Migration Endpoint could not be created - November 1, 2020
- Moving a small on-prem environment to Azure/ O365 – Part 2 - October 26, 2020
- Exchange Control Panel /ecp broken after certificate replacement - October 23, 2020