After nearly 5 months released HP a new version of the HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP). The latest release is now 2014.02.
What is the HP Service Pack for ProLiant?
Back in the days there were two software products to update a ProLiant server with the latest firmware, drivers & agents.
- HP Smart Update Firmware DVD
- HP ProLiant Support Pack
the first one was bootable for offline firmware, and also contained Online ROM flash components for online firmware updates. The second was to install/ update the latest drivers and agents. The HP Service Pack for ProLiants (SPP) replaces both. The SPP is a comprehensive software and it’s delivered as a ISO. It can be burned to DVD, installed on a USB stick or extracted and run from the directory. The SPP used the HP Smart Update Manager (SUM) as deployment tool. The HP SUM can be used as a standalone product.
What’s new in SPP 2014.02?
- Added new support for the HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 Server
- Enhanced support (processor update) for the following HP ProLiant servers:
- HP DL380e Gen8 Server
- HP DL360e Gen8 Server
- HP BL420 Gen8 Server Blade
- HP SL4540/SL4545 Gen8 Server
- HP ML350e Gen8 V2 Server
- Added operating system support for:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5
- VMware ESXi 4.1 U2
- VMware ESXi 5.0 U3
- VMware vSphere 5.1 U2
- VMware vSphere 5.5
- Contains HP Smart Update Manager v6.2.0
- Added Simplified Chinese language support
- Exchange HCW8078 – Migration Endpoint could not be created - November 1, 2020
- Moving a small on-prem environment to Azure/ O365 – Part 2 - October 26, 2020
- Exchange Control Panel /ecp broken after certificate replacement - October 23, 2020