It is pretty common that vendors offer their products in special editions for SMB customers. VMware offers VMware vSphere Essentials and Essentials Plus, Veeam offers Veeam Backup Essentials, and Vembu has Vembu BDR Essentials.
Now Vembu has extended their Vembu BDR Essentials package significantly to address the needs of mid-sized businesses.
Affordable backup for SMB customers
Most SMB virtualization deployments consists of two or three hosts, which makes 4 or 6 used CPU sockets. Because of this, Vembu BDR Essentials supportes up to 6 sockets or 50 VMs. Yes, 6 sockets OR 50 VMs. Vembu has no rised this limit to 10 Sockets OR 100 VMs! This allows customers to use up to five 2-socket hosts or 100 VMs with less than 10 sockets.
Vembu BDR Essentials support all important features:
- Agentless VMBackup to backup VMs
- Continuous Data Protection with support for RPOs of less than 15 minutes
- Quick VM Recovery to get failed VMs up and running in minutes
- Vembu Universal Explorer to restore individual items from Microsoft applications like Exchange, SharePoint, SQL and Active Directory
- Replication of VMs Vembu OffsiteDR and Vembu CloudDR
Needless to say that Vembu BDR Essentials support VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V. If necessary, customer can upgrade to the Standard or Enterprise edition.
Feel free to follow him on Twitter and/ or leave a comment.
Latest posts by Patrick Terlisten (see all)
- VCAP6.5-DCV Design – Objective 1.2 – Gather and analyze application requirements - August 19, 2019
- VCAP6.5-DCV Design – Objective 1.1 Gather and analyze business requirements - August 18, 2019
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Data Center Virtualization Design 2019 Study Guide - August 12, 2019