Last year in September I’ve passed the VCAP6-DCV Deployment exam. After a busy first half of 2019 it’s time to start preparing the VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Data Center Virtualization Design 2019 exam.
There are many great study guides out there, but in most cases I need “my own study guide” to feel well prepared. I hope the step to publish my notes helps me to stay focused and motivated.
In opposite to the Deploy exam, the Design exam is a MC exam. 135 Minutes for 60 questions. Sounds easy, but it’s told that it’s one of the hardest exams available by VMware.
The exam is split into three sections:
- Section 1 – Create a vSphere 6.5 Conceptual Design
- Section 2 – Create a vSphere 6.x Logical Design from an Existing Conceptual Design
- Section 3 – Create a vSphere 6.x Physical Design from an Existing Logical Design
Each section contains several objects.
- Objective 1.1 – Gather and analyze business requirements
- Objective 1.2 – Gather and analyze application requirements
- Objective 1.3 – Determine risks, requirements, constraints, and assumptions
- Objective 2.1 – Map business requirements to a vSphere 6.x logical design
- Objective 2.2 – Map service dependencies
- Objective 2.3 – Build availability requirements into a vSphere 6.x logical design
- Objective 2.4 – Build manageability requirements into a vSphere 6.x logical design
- Objective 2.5 – Build performance requirements into a vSphere 6.x logical design
- Objective 2.6 – Build recoverability requirements into a vSphere 6.x logical design
- Objective 2.7 – Build security requirements into a vSphere 6.x logical design
- Objective 3.1 – Transition from a logical design to a vSphere 6.x physical design
- Objective 3.2 – Create a vSphere 6.x physical network design from an existing logical design
- Objective 3.3 – Create a vSphere 6.x physical storage design from an existing logical design
- Objective 3.4 – Determine appropriate computer resources for a vSphere 6.x physical design
- Objective 3.5 – Determine virtual machine configuration for a vSphere 6.x physical design
- Objective 3.6 – Determine data center management options for a vSphere 6.x physical design
I will try to cover each objective in a blog post and add a link here. Feel free to add comments, corrections and questions. :)
- Fan health sensors report false alarms on HPE Gen10 Servers with ESXi 6.7 - May 11, 2020
- Missing Microsoft Teams calendar tab with on-premise Exchange - April 12, 2020
- Connecting to Exchange Online with PowerShell - February 26, 2020