As part of a project, I had to deploy a VMware EUC Access Point appliance. Nothing fancy, because the awesome VMware Access Point Deployment Utility makes it easy to deploy.
Unfortunately, the deployed Access Point appliance was not working as expected. When I tried to access my Horizon View infrastructure behind the Access Point appliance, I got a HTTP 504 error. The REST API interface was working. I was able to exclude invalid certificates, routing, or firewall policies. I re-deployed the appliance using the the IP address of the connection server, instead of the FQDN. And this worked… I checked the name resolution with nslookup and the name resolution failed. So that was probably the problem.
One per line
To make a long story short: The DNS server, I entered in the VMware Access Point Deployment Utility, were added in a single line to the /etc/resolv.conf
This is wrong, even if the VMware Access Point Deployment Utility claims something different.
There must be a single “nameserver” entry for each DNS server.
You can easily change this after the deployment. Add only one DNS server during the deployment, and then add the second DNS server after the deployment.
- Virtually reseated: Reset blade in a HPE C7000 enclosure - July 19, 2020
- Update Manager fails with unknown error during host remediation - July 19, 2020
- Access to on-premise hosted Public Folders using Exchange Online mailboxes - July 18, 2020