The year 2016 is coming to an end (thank god…). 2016 was a difficult year. One of my goals for 2016 was to write more PowerShell code and to learn Python. I missed both goals. But hey, at least I cleaned up my Git account.I renewed my VCP by passing VCP6 in the first attempt, and I took the VCP7-DTM beta exam (no results yet). Since I am not the guy who attends conferences, I was not attending VMworld in Barcelona or HPE Discover in London. In fact: I was no at no conference or vendor roadshow, because I had an ass full of work.
Let’s look at some good things.
My blog got round about 1/3 more page views than in 2015. That way my goal for 2016. I’m very happy about that. Thank you!
I definitely missed my goal to write more blog posts. As you can see, I have written a bit more than last year. But as long not as much as I wanted. I always have enough posts in my draft folder. But I’m constantly wondering if it is worth writing about this or that topic. I usually write about things that happen to me in the job. No product reviews, nothing about architecture or C-level things, less about development, design or how something works. Maybe that’s my problem. Let’s see if I can change this in 2017.
These are some of my most popular blog posts (according to Google). Fun fact: Only one is related to VMware and today obsolete.
- WSUS on Windows 2012 (R2) and KB3159706 – WSUS console fails to connect
- Load VMware PowerCLI snap-in automatically in PowerShell ISE
- Reset the HP iLO Administrator password with hponcfg on ESXi
- Users on Exchange 2013 can’t open public folders or shared mailboxes on an Exchange 2007/ 2010
- Replace HP iLO security certificates
I don’t want to make predictions for 2017. Let’s see how this blog will develop.
- Failed to connect to IKEv2 VPN using iPhone USB tethering - June 26, 2023
- Why you should change your KRBTGT password prior disabling RC4 - July 28, 2022
- Use app-only authentication with the Microsoft Graph PowerShell SDK - July 22, 2022