The days at the year’s end are usually the time to look back and to draw a resume.
I blogged on blazilla.de for nearly 7 years, but in December 2013 I decided that it was time for a new beginning: New blog platform, new content, another language, but the same topics. In January 2014 I started vcloudnine.de.
Until today, I wrote about 100 blog posts. According to Google Analytics, these are my Top 10 most visited blog posts for 2014:
- VMware ESXi 5.5 host doesn’t mount VMFS 5 datastore
- Load VMware PowerCLI snap-in automatically in PowerShell ISE
- Event ID 4625 – Failure Reason: Domain sid inconsistent
- Windows Server 2012 Cluster with VMware vSphere 5.1/ 5.5
- Configuring HP StoreOnce VSA and HP Data Protector for HP StoreOnce Catalyst
- Deploying HP StoreOnce VSA with HP Data Protector – Part III
- Exchange 2013: Event ID 2937 MSExchange ADAccess after public folder migration
- Some thoughts about HP 3PAR Adaptive Optimization
- Users on Exchange 2013 can’t open public folders or shared mailboxes on an Exchange 2007/ 2010
- Trouble with Broadcom NetXtreme II and VMware ESXi
Since January vcloudnine.de was visited about 90.000 times. I think this isn’t a bad score for a new blog and I hope that it will be much more in 2015. Most visitors came from the US. These are the Top 5 countries:
- United States
- United Kingdom
Most of them used Google Chrome to access vcloudnine.de (this has really suprised me…). And someone regulary visited vcloudnine.de with a BlackBerry. These are the Top 5 used browser to access vcloudnine.de:
- Internet Explorer
- Safari (including in-app)
I’m curious how vcloudnine.de will develop in the future.
Final words for 2014
This blog deals with my work. Because of this, the final words for 2014 are mainly written from the job perspective. 2014 was also the first full year back in the office, after working for more than four years mainly for a enterprise customer as an Infrastructure Architect. 2013 was a transitional year, but 2014 has surprised and disappointed me in different ways. From the career perspective, I can’t say much good about 2014. I hope 2015 will be better.
On the other hand, 2014 was a successful year: I finished my a degree at the FernUniversität Hagen. I’m a bit proud of this. The majority doesn’t finish the study at the FernUniversität Hagen. Many give up because of the double burden of study, job and family. 2014 was also the year of recertification. Between September and October I passed five exams and recertified my HP Master ASE, my DataCore DCIE, VMware VCP and I also achieved my first Juniper certification. Since April 2014 I’m a vExpert. This award has made me incredibly proud. I got so many positive feedback because of this and it has motivated me in many ways.
I look forward to your feedback. Drop me an email or a comment. I wish you and your family all the best. Enjoy the holidays and we will see us again in 2015.
Feel free to follow him on Twitter and/ or leave a comment.
Latest posts by Patrick Terlisten (see all)
- Meltdown & Spectre: What about Microsoft Exchange? - January 18, 2018
- Meltdown & Spectre: What about HPE Storage and Citrix NetScaler? - January 15, 2018
- The Meltdown/ Spectre shortcut blogpost for Windows, VMware and HPE - January 11, 2018