Some weeks ago, HP has published an updated version of their HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP). The SPP 2015.04.0 has added support for
- new HP ProLiant servers and options,
- support for Red Had Enterprise Linux 6.6, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12, VMware vSphere 5.5 U2 and (of course) VMware vSphere 6.0,
- HP Smart Update Manager v7.2.0 was added,
- the HP USB Key Utility for Windows v22.214.171.124 can now handle downloads greater than 4GB (important, because this release may not fit on a standard DVD media…)
- select Linux firmware components is now available in rpm format
In addition, the SPP covers two important customer advisories:
- ProLiant Gen9 Servers – SYSTEM ROM UPDATE REQUIRED to Prevent Memory Subsystem Anomalies on Servers With DDR4 Memory Installed Due to Intel Processor BIOS Upgrades (c04542689)
- HP Virtual Connect (VC) – Some VC Flex-10/10D Modules for c-Class BladeSystem May Shut Down When Running VC Firmware Version 4.20 or 4.30 Due to an Erroneous High Temperature Reading (c04459474)
Two CAs fixed, but another CA arised (and it’s an ugly one..):
- HP OneView 1.20 – Upgrading Virtual Connect Version 4.40 with Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) 2015.04.0 Will Result in a Configuration Error and an Inability to Manage the HP Virtual Connect 8Gb 24-Port Fibre Channel Module (c04638459)
If you are using HP OneView >1.10 and ≤1.20.04, you will be unable to manage HP Virtual Connect 8Gb 24-port Fibre Channel Modules after updating the module to firmware version 3.00 or later. This is also the case, if you use the smart components from Virtual Connect firmware version 4.40! After the update, the VC module will enter a “Configuration Error” state. Currently there is no fix. The only workaround is not to update to HP Virtual Connect 8Gb 24-port Fibre Channel Module firmware version 3.00. This will be fixed in a future HP OneView 1.20 patch.
Important to know: With this release, the SPP may not fit on standard DVD media! But to be honest: I’ve never burned the SPP to DVD, I always used USB media.
Check the release notes for more information about this SPP release. You can download the latest SPP version from the HP website. You need an active warranty or HP support agreement to download the SPP.
Feel free to follow him on Twitter and/ or leave a comment.
Latest posts by Patrick Terlisten (see all)
- vCenter Migration from 6.0 to 6.7 fails due to missing user role - October 9, 2019
- VCAP6.5-DCV Design – Objective 2.1 Map business requirements to a vSphere 6.x logical design - October 4, 2019
- Supported Active Directory environments for Microsoft Exchange - September 7, 2019