Microsoft Teams got a big push due to the current COVID19 crisis and many of my customers deployed it in the past weeks. At ML Network, we are using Microsoft Teams for more than a year, and we don’t want to miss it anymore.
We are running Exchange 2016 on-premises, currently CU16. We were missing the calendar tab in Teams since we started with Microsoft Teams. when you do some research about this issue, you will find many threads and blog posts, but these are the two key facts:
- it is supported with on-premises hybrid Exchange deployments
- it works flawless with Exchange Online
Our Exchange is configured as full-hybrid mode deployment. I did this as we deployed Office 365 at our organization.
- Exchange 2016 CU16
- Hybrid Deployment
- Office 365 with Teams enabled
- no calendar tab when the Exchange mailbox is hosted on-premises
While doing an Exchange Hybrid deployment for one of my customers some weeks ago, I’ve stumbled over an OAuth error message at the end of the Hybric Connection Wizard. The message was HCW8064
“HCW has completed, but was not able to perform the OAuth portion of your Hybrid configuration”
We were not able to fix this. Microsoft offers two solutions:
- re-run the HCW wizard
- configure OAuth manually
Yesterday I did the upgrade from CU15 to CU16 on our Exchange server and while watching the progress bar I did some research on this issue again. I found strong evidence that Microsoft Teams needs working OAuth to display the calendar tab and access the on-premises hosted mailbox. So I gave it a try and used the latest version of the HCW wizard.
What should I say? No OAuth configuration error and after a restart of Microsoft Teams, the calendar tab appeared.
- always use the latest CU für Exchange
- always use the latest HCW Wizard
- Escaping special characters in proxy auth passwords in vCenter - October 8, 2021
- On the road to… nowhere? - July 26, 2021
- Configure VMware Horizon View client device certificate authentication - March 11, 2021