In August 2018 I’ve passed the VCAP6-DCV Deployment exam. After a busy first half of 2019 it’s time to start preparing the VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Data Center Virtualization Design 2019 exam. But I lost focus and in 2020 I had a lot to do – but not VMW related and so I also missed my goal to take the VCAP-DCV Design exam.
I have to push myself, so I decided to re-cap my half finished blog series to get myself back on track.
There are many great study guides out there, but in most cases I need “my own study guide” to feel well prepared. I hope this blog series will keep me on track, and I stay focused. This is my third try to prepare for this exam… :/
In opposite to the Deploy exam, the Design exam is a MC exam. 130 Minutes for 60 questions. Sounds easy, but it’s told that it’s one of the hardest exams available by VMware.
The exam consists of three sections:
- Section 1 – Create a vSphere 6.5 Conceptual Design
- Section 2 – Create a vSphere 6.x Logical Design from an Existing Conceptual Design
- Section 3 – Create a vSphere 6.x Physical Design from an Existing Logical Design
Each section contains several objects.
- Objective 1.1 – Gather and analyze business requirements
- Objective 1.2 – Gather and analyze application requirements
- Objective 1.3 – Determine risks, requirements, constraints, and assumptions
- Objective 2.1 – Map business requirements to a vSphere 6.x logical design
- Objective 2.2 – Map service dependencies
- Objective 2.3 – Build availability requirements into a vSphere 6.x logical design
- Objective 2.4 – Build manageability requirements into a vSphere 6.x logical design
- Objective 2.5 – Build performance requirements into a vSphere 6.x logical design
- Objective 2.6 – Build recoverability requirements into a vSphere 6.x logical design
- Objective 2.7 – Build security requirements into a vSphere 6.x logical design
- Objective 3.1 – Transition from a logical design to a vSphere 6.x physical design
- Objective 3.2 – Create a vSphere 6.x physical network design from an existing logical design
- Objective 3.3 – Create a vSphere 6.x physical storage design from an existing logical design
- Objective 3.4 – Determine appropriate computer resources for a vSphere 6.x physical design
- Objective 3.5 – Determine virtual machine configuration for a vSphere 6.x physical design
- Objective 3.6 – Determine data center management options for a vSphere 6.x physical design
I will try to cover each objective in a blog post and add a link here. Feel free to add comments, corrections and questions. :) The already added links link to already written blog posts, but I will revise the alreay posted blog posts.
Leave a comment if you have questsions. :)
- WatchGuard Network Security Essentials Exam - January 19, 2021
- VCAP-DCV Design 2021 – Objective 1.1 Gather and analyze business requirements - January 5, 2021
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization Design Exam (VCAP-DCV Design 2021) - January 3, 2021