Yesterday, I passed the first exam of the year. In this case the WatchGuards Network Security Essentials exam. The exam covers basic networking and firewalling skills, as well as the necessary knowledge to configure, manage, and monitor a WatchGuard Firebox. If you were familier with networking and firewalls in general, this exam is a “low hanging fruit”. I had to take it due to partner conditions.
The closed book exam consists of 70 questions. You have 2h and you need at least 70% to pass the exam. The exam covers six different topics:
- Network and network security basics
- Administration and setup
- Monitoring, logging, and reporting
- Networking and NAT
- Policies, proxies, and security services
- Authentication and VPN
I passed the exam with a some preparation (I’ve only used the study guide). As long as you have experience with WatchGuard firewalls, which is mandartory IMHO, it is sufficient to read the study guide a couple of times.
- Failed to connect to IKEv2 VPN using iPhone USB tethering - June 26, 2023
- Why you should change your KRBTGT password prior disabling RC4 - July 28, 2022
- Use app-only authentication with the Microsoft Graph PowerShell SDK - July 22, 2022