Vembu Technologies was founded in 2002, and with 60.000 customers and more than 4000 partners, Vembu is a leading provider with a comprehensive portfolio of software products and cloud services to small and medium businesses.
In December 2018, Vembu announced the fourth major release of their BDR Suite. Vembu BDR Suite 4.0.1 is now out for production setups with enhanced performance and bug fixes. Vembu BDR Suite v4.0.1 is an intermediate patch update that addresses the customers reported issues and other support issues on the previous build of v4.0. Vembu BDR Suite v4.0.1 also features a large number of enhancements and significant of those are listed below.
Beside of bug fixes, BDR Suite v4.0.1 also includes some new enhancements. In my opinion, the most significant enhancements are:
- Significant performance improvement in Quick VM Recovery on VMware environments
- Rescan option is introduced in Hyper-V Manager Servers page, which allows you to install Vembu Integration Service on the newly added node of the Hyper-V cluster (or if it’s not available on the existing node)
- Backups configured through BDR Server console will run in parallel (Default parallel backup count is set to 5 and it is configurable)
- Ability to add new Hyper-V hosts or choose existing hosts while performing Live Recovery to Hyper-V host
If you are a small or mid-sized businesses, check out the Vembu BDR Essentials package!
- Exchange Control Panel /ecp broken after certificate replacement - October 23, 2020
- Moving a small on-prem environment to Azure/ O365 – Part 1 - October 18, 2020
- Virtually reseated: Reset blade in a HPE C7000 enclosure - July 19, 2020